65 - Ambitions

April 18, 2011
I think I'm obviously a very ambitious person when it comes to craft, because I will pretty much just throw myself into anything if I think there is even a chance I can make it. I have a to-make list on Listography that is so long now I'm not sure if there is any point in adding to it most of the time. The amount of free patterns I'm printing off is also going a little crazy, but I love having things to chose from. So I thought I would post the things I really want to make at the moment, though I do feel they may be a little bit out of my reach (for now anyway).

1. Armchair organiser.

Image via
I want to make this the most, because I think it's a great idea. I currently use my coach arm for when I am crafting, and it has loads of stuff all over it, including needles and pins stuck into the fabric, and considering it's a black sofa, this can sometimes be bad. This however, is not a pattern or a tutorial, this image is an actual one for sale from DMC on Amazon, and while it is lovely, I don't want to pay the £17.99 that they are charging for it, so I figure I can make one myself. Maybe. That way I can change it to be exactly how I want it, and have prettier fabric. We'll see. This is a tall order. But it's on my list.

2. Keyboard rest cat.




Now I spend all day at my desk at work, all 8 and a half hours of it, so I'm pretty sure this little guy would come in handy. He's so cute! You can get the FREE (that's right, free) tutorial on how to make him over at Urban Thread, which has just become one of my favourite websites.

3. My own cross-stitch patterns.

I've been doing cross stitch for a couple of weeks now and I love it. There are so many cool things you can do with it, and it's like putting together a little puzzle when you are stitching it up. It's great. I bought some squared paper to try and make my own patterns with, but I have the fear (of ruining craft supplies) as I so often get when I am about to start something new, and so I haven't braved it yet. I already have an idea for two patterns. One is going to be Hellboy and Liz on fire, hopefully with a love heart between them and the other is going to be the Cloverfield monster with the words "I love you Cloverfield" above it. This is a quote from my favourite podcast, Double Murder over on Bloody Disgusting. It made me laugh so much, so hopefully I can draw cute version of the Cloverfield monster.

4. About a million things on the Martha Stewart website.

I swear, everything over there just looks so easy, I want to make like all of it, but I never seem to get around to it.

Felt cherry pie - I want to make it to be a huge pin cushion for my big pins. 

Image via

Wrap around pin holder for my sewing machine.

Image via
 Sewing machine cover - I want to embroider it with something cute too.

Image via
Plastic bag holder.

Image via
5. Decorate my dinner set.

A few weeks ago I was in the pound shop with my mum and she bought me a table runner and four fabric placement, totally white with a decorative trim. I want to decorate them so they are awesome, though I don't know what with. I wanted to do Invader Zim for the place-mats, but that would mean a lot of pattern designing myself. It's a big project, and I might just do it doodle style with all the patterns I like.

No comments:

All compiled thanks craft and geek power. Powered by Blogger.