Monday, 4 April 2011

49 - Because wearing black is mysterious...

Evening all. Monday's are the most stressful day of the week for me. Going back to work and having to deal with things from over the weekend/things that were sent at 6pm on a Friday isn't the best, but listening to a lot of A Day to Remember helped me power through.

Getting home from work and having a night where I could do what I wanted was good. The weekend was busy what with mother's day, having roller derby minimums and spending the day up town on Saturday. Tonight I ironed a couple of patches on my sewing machine bag. And as they are craft related ones, it looks a little more crafty now.

P4040001

They only cost about a £1 each so I'm very happy with them. I also tried some more crafting. I like trying to make something a little different every time I make it to try and see if I can make it better. I'm not sure if either of my ways of crafting were better than the way I made it the first time, but it's good to experiment. I made two more pencil case/make-up case pouches.

Tiger and zebra print pouch


I sealed one with Velcro instead of buttons, but I'm not sure if I like it better, though it did requite less sewing. I also lined the zebra one with black fabric, but I used heat n bond instead of sewing it, so I might sew the two layer this time. I also stupidly put the button detail one before attempting to sew the Velcro on, so I made it hard on myself. I'll get there. I want to figure out all the kinks in my crafting so my things are nice enough to sell. They're almost there, just a little squint stitch here and there. I'm sure someone will love them all the same.


Exciting times right?

1 comments: