Tuesday, 15 March 2011

36 - Crafty day off

So I've had the day off work today and I've got a lot done. Was great. Played Left 4 Dead, watched bad old game shows and spent a lot of time with the boy. Today I got my craft on, so I thought I would show off some of the things I've made.

First thing I made was a needle book. I got the pattern from Wild Olive's blog. Her pattern was for a pumpkin, but I used the same shape and made an apple instead (just because I liked the colours better).
Needle book


Needle book

I love apples, so I think this is uber cute.

I also made a scissor holder, which again was from Wild Olive's blog. I totally love her blog because she has the best projects and amazingly pretty PDFs which give you everything you need. I highly suggest you go over to her blog and check it out.

Scissor holder

I love this felt. The pattern on Wild Olive has a little scissor embroidery embellishment on it, but I decided to use some nice patterned felt instead. Hobbycraft has like a million different kinds of felt, so the opportunities are endless.

While I'm on my felt obsession, because I really do love making things out it, I decided to take a picture of a felt Invader Zim puppet of Gir I made a little while ago for my boyfriend. He's not as neat as I would like him to be, but I made him about a year and a bit ago, so I wasn't sewing as much then. Still he's pretty cute.

Gir puppet

Finally I did make one other thing, but I'm not posting that just yet as I'm in the process of working out a tutorial for it. I'm very happy with the way it turned out thought so good times.

I will also be posting 4 out of 5 of my pay it forward gifts tomorrow. Woo! The last one if for my derby wife, so I don't need to post it to her. I'm hoping to have her's done by the weekend so I can give it to her at practise. Though my idea is maybe a bit ambitious, but we'll see.

0 comments:

Post a Comment