7 - Minimum results

February 06, 2011
So a couple of weeks ago in derby I sat my minimums. Minimums are basically the minimum skills you have to be able to demonstrate in order to get up to the big girl practise and then hopefully bouting. Now I knew I hadn't passed. One big chunk of it is being able to skate 25 laps in 5 minutes, and I'm stuck on about 23 laps. But today I got my full feedback. I passed more than I failed which is good. So this is what I failed:

1.1.1 Bends at knees and hips with shoulders back
1.2.1 Has steady, confident, fluid strides
1.4.1 Skates 25 Laps around regulation track within five minutes
(based on WFTDA regulation track)
1.5.1 T-Stop
1.5.2 Plow Stop
1.6.2 Has the ability to propel self while keeping all eight wheels on the floor
1.6.3 Can move easily and fluidly from one side of the skating lane to the other.
3.1.1 Forward and Backward
3.3.1.1 Skater's feet must leave the ground simultaneously, then land simultaneously
3.5.1 Maneuvers through 10 cones placed six feet apart, covering both straight-aways and turns
5.3.1.1 Left hip
5.3.1.2 Right hip
5.3.2.1 Left shoulder
5.3.2.2 Right shoulder

Stops and stuff are annoying because I know I can do them but my new wheels are making it hard. I'm glad I did my minimums though, because it shows me that I'm better than I thought I was (like I passed all my whips (if you've seen Whip It you'll know :p)).

So now I know what I need to focus on! Jumps and hits and weaving and just fucking go for it!

No comments:

All compiled thanks craft and geek power. Powered by Blogger.